16th SMU International Conference on Private Higher Education in Africa
25-27 July 2018, African Union Conference Center, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
St. Mary’s University (SMU) is organizing the 16th International Conference on Private Higher Education in Africa in partnership with the African Union Commission, Association of African Universities, IICBA/UNESCO, IGAD, the Ethiopian Federal Ministry of Education, International Network of Higher Education in Africa and the Ethiopian Airlines/Aviation Academy. The Conference aims at creating a platform for a wide-range of actors, educators, policy/decision-makers, higher education leaders, and partners engaged in the promotion of higher education to deliberate on issues pertinent to the enhancement of quality education in African institutions of higher learning. Accordingly, the Conference is expected to generate policy-relevant recommendations from various scientific research papers under different themes and subthemes. It also provides opportunity for networking among researchers, educators and leaders in higher education institutions.
Therefore, interested researchers, educators, policy/decision-makers and educational service providers with research which fall within the themes of the Conference are cordially invited to register and send their papers using the Conference website
) within the specified deadlines.
Major theme: Ensuring Employability and Entrepreneurship through Harmonization of Quality Assurance in African Higher Education
Sub-themes of the Conference
- Private higher education: Challenges and opportunities for skills development, employment creation and entrepreneurship in Africa;
- Perspectives and trends of investment on private higher education in Africa: Implications for accessibility, affordability, and quality;
- Harmonization of Quality Assurance Systems in African Higher Education Institutions;
- Internationalization and private higher education in Africa: Policies, strategies and implications for skills development/employment creation;
- The state of science, technology and innovation in both the private and public higher education sectors in Africa;
- Life-long learning, learner needs, teacher development, and success in higher education
- Abstracts should not exceed 300 to 400 words.
- The length of full paper should not exceed 20 pages including references
- Abstract should include title of the paper, selected sub-theme, authors’ affiliation and full address (email and telephone number)
- Use Font Type of Times New Roman and Font size of 12
- The paper should be submitted both in Word and PDF format
Submission of abstracts: 1 April, 2018
Notification of acceptance: 15 April, 2018
Submission of full paper and power point: 10 June, 2018
Publication of Abstract and program handbook: 25 June, 2018
Conference dates: 25-27 July 2018
For further information please Contacts:
Dr. Rahmeto Negash & Fisseha Worede Tel: +251943802137 & +251911645382
Research and Knowledge Management Office
Please follow the following steps to register and submit:
Step 1. Click on register, then fill the required fields and finally click on register. Message will be sent to your account comprising your username and password; you will be required to activate it before login.
Step 2. Login and fill the required field and submit abstract, full papers and ppt
Venue: The conference will be held at the African Union Conference Center, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia