17th SMU International Conference on Private Higher Education in Africa
Theme: African Higher Education in the Realm of Sustainable Development
St. Mary’s University (SMU) is organizing its 17th edition of International Conference on Private Higher Education in Africa in partnership with the African Union Commission, Association of African Universities, The Ethiopian Ministry of Science and Higher Education, The Intergovernmental Authority on Development (IGAD), International Network of Higher Education in Africa and the Ethiopian Airlines/Aviation Academy.
The Conference this year is specially organized with the International Network for Higher Education in Africa which is hosting its Second Symposium of the Higher Education Forum for Africa, Asia and Latin America. The Conference aims at creating a platform for a wide-range of actors, educators, policy/decision-makers, higher education leaders, and partners engaged in the promotion of higher education to deliberate on issues pertinent to the enhancement of quality education in African institutions of higher learning. Accordingly, the Conference is expected to generate policy-relevant recommendations from various research papers under different themes and subthemes. It also provides an opportunity for networking among researchers, educators and leaders in higher education institutions.
Therefore, interested researchers, educators, policy/decision-makers and educational service providers with research and professional interest are cordially invited to register and send their papers using the Conference website at http://www.conference.smuc.edu.et within the specified deadlines.
Sub-themes of the Conference
- Private higher education and privatization
- Policies, strategies and practices in higher education:
- Demographic dynamics and graduate employability
- Diversity and its management in higher education
- Abstracts must not exceed 400 words.
- The length of a full paper may not exceed 30 pages including references (A4, 1.5 spaces, 12 pt Times New Roman).
- Abstract should include title of the paper, selected sub-theme, authors’ affiliation and full address including email and telephone number.
- The paper should be submitted both in Word and PDF formats.
Submission of abstracts: 30 April 2019
Notification of acceptance: 15 May 2019
Submission of full paper and power point: 10 June 2019
Publication of Abstract and program handbook: 25 June 2019
Conference dates: 25 - 27 July 2019
For further information please contact:
W/ro Hana Geremew or Ato Fisseha Worede
Research and Knowledge Management Office
St. Mary’s University, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Tel: +251 911530955/ +251 911645382
The Ethiopian Airlines is sole carrier and sponsor of this Conference